He admires Liverpool football player Steven Gerrard, would like to share a room with Audrina Patridge during the Kitesurf Tour Europe and would change life with Richard Branson to fly around the world. Oh, and a board, kite and surfboard would be the three things to take on a lonely island...On our countdown to KTE France #28 we present: Luke Whiteside!
(Please complete the sentence) If I ever become European Kiteboarding Champion, I will…
- ...have a massive party!
(Please complete the sentence) If I had the chance to bring the KTE to any spot in Europe, this spot would be…
- ...to bring it to Rhosneigr on Anglesey in North Wales. The spot goes off!
Do you have any special routine/habit just before going into competition?
- I like to go out about 10 mins before my heats and just ride around a bit and get use to the conditions.
Imagine you meet a person somewhere in the world and you have to explain to him/her what kiteboarding is all about. What would you say?
- SnowBoarding, skateboarding, surfing, wakeboarding and paragliding - Kiteboarding is a number of extreme sports mixed into one.
With which person would you like to switch lifes for one day? Why?
- Richard Branson, I could fly anywhere in the world!
Who do you admire? Why?
- Steven Gerrard as he is from my home town and has come from the bottom to the top.
Imagine you sit in a nice, hot, wooden Finish sauna. Who would be the (last) person you want to meet?
- haha erm.. Nils Wesch
Tell us something people don’t know about you…crazy habits, events in life, whatever!
- Im not telling you
Imagine the wind forecast says perfect conditions but when you arrive at the spot the wind has dropped and people come off the water smiling after a great session. What’s the first thing you do?
- do a wind dance
Best event (kitesurfing, sport, music, etc) I have ever been to:
- Core jam, Perth Western Austrailia
Share with us the best video you have ever seen (post the link)…
- Ultimate dog tease http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw
Greatest person I have ever met:
- Richard Flindall BKSA head judge!
Imagine you go on tour, who would be your room mate from the KTE circuit?
- I would invite Audrina Patridge onto the tour and she could be my room mate!
What is your answer to the question “Is kiteboarding a dangerous sport?”
- No if you learn with the right instruction it is very safe.
What are the three things you would take to a lonely island?
- kite, bar and surfboard
Imagine you come late to an important meeting because the wind conditions were too nice. What’s your excuse / alibi?
- I was stuck in a traffic jam ;)
Lara Croft, Spiderman, Lucky Luke, Hulk Hogan or the A-Team..Who was your childhood friend?
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
What’s the headline you would like to read?
- Big Swells and wind coming in for 2 weeks straight
What’s the headline you don’t want to read?
- Due to global warming there will be no wind ever again
Short answer section:
Best Food: something spicy
Nicest People: people from Thailand
Best Waves: North Point, Margs
Best Flatwater: Safety Bay
Best Friend: My brother
Best Music Group: too many
Best Movie: Anchorman
Best Ice Cream: cookies an cream
Place I want to live one day: austrailia
Last place I visited: turkey
Next place I am going to visit: France
I ride at the Kitesurf Tour Europe because… its fun!
Thanks a lot for answering this questionnaire! Looking forward to meeting you soon at the most beautiful European beaches!
Stay tuned at www.facebook.com/kitesurftoureurope for more interviews to come